1. Changes to this Policy
2. Information Collection
- General. In general, you can browse the Web Sites without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. However, if you wish to purchase or download any of the products or use any of the services offered by the Web Sites, you may be required to disclose certain information to us. You always have the option to not provide information by choosing not to purchase or download a particular product or use a particular service or feature. The Company is the sole owner of the information collected on the Web Site.
- Registration. In order to purchase or download products or use the services offered by this Web Site, you must first create an account with us. You may have to establish a separate account if you use the services or purchase or download products from more than one Web Site. During the account set-up process, you are required to give certain contact information, including your name, email address, and in some cases your approximate age. We use this information to contact you about the products services on our site in which you have expressed interest, and, the case of your approximate age, to determine whether you old enough to use the Web Sites. You may have the option to provide additional demographic information (such as income level, location, and gender) to us; we encourage you to submit this information so we can provide you a more personalized experience on our site. Where possible, we indicate which fields are required and which fields are optional.
- Orders. If you purchase or download a product or service from us, we request certain personally identifiable information from you on our order form. You must provide contact information (such as name, email, and address) and, where applicable, financial information (such as credit card number, expiration date). We use this information for billing purposes and to fulfill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we will use this information to contact you.
- Surveys or Contests. From time-to-time we may provide you the opportunity to participate in contests or surveys on the Web Sites. If you participate, we will request certain personally identifiable information from you. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes contact information (such as name and email address), and demographic information (such as zip code). We use this information to notify contest winners and to award prizes. We may use a third party service provider to conduct these surveys or contests.
- Log Files. As is true of most web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users' movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We do not link this automatically-collected data to personally identifiable information.
3. Use of Information
- Generally. We use your personal information to fulfill orders and to facilitate the services you purchase or request from us. We use your personal information in the file we maintain about you, and other information we obtain from your current and past activities on the Web Sites to: resolve disputes; troubleshoot problems; collect fees owed; measure consumer interest in our products and services, inform you about online and offline offers, products, services, and updates; customize your experience; detect and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activity; enforce our Terms and Conditions of Use; and as otherwise described to you at the time of collection. We may compare and review your personal information for errors, omissions and for accuracy.
- Communications from Us.
- Special Offers and Updates. We will occasionally send you information on special deals or promotions. Out of respect for your privacy, you have the option not to receive these types of communications. Please see the "Choice and Opt-out" section.
- Newsletters. If you wish to subscribe to our newsletters, we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. Out of respect for your privacy, you have the option to unsubscribe from receiving some or all of the newsletters. Please see the "Choice and Opt-out" section.
- Service-related Announcements. We will send you strictly service-related announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an email. Generally, you may not opt-out of these communications, which are not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option to deactivate your account.
- Customer Service. Based upon the personally identifiable information you provide us, we will send you a welcoming email to verify your username and password. We will also communicate with you in response to your inquiries, to provide the services you request, and to manage your account.
- Profile. We store information that we collect through your stated preferences, cookies, log files, clear gifs, and/or third party sources to create a "profile" of your preferences. We tie your personally identifiable information, and your activity history, to information in the profile, in order to provide tailored promotions and marketing offers and to improve the content of the site for you. We do not share your profile with other third parties, other than in aggregate, de-identified form.
4. Disclosure of Information
- Generally. As a matter of policy, we do not sell or rent any of your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without first providing you with an opportunity to opt-out. However, the following describes some of the ways that we may disclose your personal information in the normal course of providing our services.
- Suppliers & Developers. Where you purchase or download a product or service on one of our Web Sites, we may disclose your name and email address to our partner who is our supplier of that product or service. For example, if you download a particular software application, we may disclose your name and email address to the developer of that software application. This disclosure is to enable the developer or supplier to provide support to you, and in certain cases to allow you to benefit from certain levels of support that are only available to registered users. We have no control over what these third parties do with the information that we disclose to them.
- Aggregate Information (non-personally identifiable). We share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information about our user base with our partners and advertisers. This information does not identify individual users.
- Agents and Service Providers. We may use third parties to provide, on our behalf, some portions of the products and services available on the Web Sites. For instance, we use a credit card processing company to bill you for services, and we may use third party service providers to provide certain fulfillment services for some of our products or services. We use our best efforts, to the extent commercially reasonable, to ensure that these companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information that we disclose to them for such purposes for any other purposes.
- Your Use of the Web Site. If you participate in a bulletin board or other public forum offered by the Web Sites, your User ID will be displayed on any content that you post and will therefore be available to the public. Therefore, if you associate your name with your User ID, your name will be available to the public. Any other information about yourself that you include in such posts will be publicly available.
- Legal Requests. We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Web Sites.
5. Choice / Opt-Out
We provide you the opportunity to 'opt-out' of having your personally identifiable information used for certain purposes, when we ask for this information. For example, if you register with us but do not wish to receive any additional marketing material from us, you can indicate your preference on our registration form. If you no longer wish to receive our newsletters and promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each newsletter or communication or by contacting us at http://www.ereader.com/servlet/mw?t=support&si=59. You may also update your preferences at any time by accessing our member information area. You will be notified before your personal information is collected by any third party that is not our agent/service provider, so you can make an informed choice as to whether or not to share your information with that party.
6. Links to Other Sites
This privacy statement applies only to information collected by these Web Sites. The Web Sites contain links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by us. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage you to be aware of when you leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information.
7. Access to Personal Information
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire some or all of our services, you may correct, update, delete or deactivate it by making the change on our account information pages or by contacting us at http://www.ereader.com/servlet/mw?t=support&si=59. Please note that, if you have established an account with more than one of our Web Sites, you may have to make these changes on each Web Site.
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number and/or social security number) on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction, both during transmission and once we receive it.
9. Business Transition
In the event we go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, your personally identifiable information will likely be among the assets transferred.
10. Contact Us